Christmas is one of the most stressful times of year, and not just because of the presents. Because of the festive outfits we need to put together too! How can one event be so stressful? Well, now is the time to stop worrying. We’ve got your Christmas dress dilemma sorted, so sit back, relax, and pick your perfect outfit!
The Little Black Dress
The little black dress is an absolute classic. You can’t deny that it’s the perfect, foolproof addition to any wardrobe and is especially perfect for Christmas. Black slims you down, and always looks expensive. You can trust black when you’re having doubts about everything else!
The Little Red Dress
Wait; there’s a new little dress in town this year, and it’s red! With it being Christmas, you can afford to swap the black for a little red. It’s wonderfully festive, and just screams ‘confidence!’. It’s also a whole lot sexy, so you should wear this kind of dress with pride!
The Little White Dress
Another little dress in town, but what color could this be? White, of course! White is the new ‘it’ shade, but there are a few warnings I’ll give you regarding it first. There’s the worry of spilling something on it. There’s also the fact that it isn’t quite as flattering as black, so you may want to invest in some shaping underwear.
The festive season is all about sequins! In fact, sequins have been around for a few months now. The ‘mermaid’ trend is all the range. Go for sequins in shade of green, blue, and purple to make the most impact. If you want a more Christmassy feel however, you should go for gold or silver.
Maybe sequins make you itch; it’s understandable. They aren’t the most comfortable to wear at times. Go for metallics instead! These are big news too. They look especially festive and will add a special touch to your outfits.
Now you know the kind of colour/effect you should be going for with your dress, here are some other things to consider:
- It isn’t all about dresses. You could easily wear a top tucked into a skirt.
- You can pick a specific theme to stick to if you wish, such as vintage. This looks spectacular around Christmas time.
- If you’re attending an event that’s a little more casual, try a fun Christmas jumper tucked into a sequinned skirt. Brogues on your feet will dress up the look while keeping you comfortable.
- Your accessories are important too! Make sure you wear bracelets, necklaces, and rings where needed. Accessories can turn a plain dress into something amazing.
- Finally, take the shape of the dress into account. Know your body type and what suits it. Aim to show off your best bits and cover up the bits you really don’t like. This way you’ll be confident and comfortable while turning heads.
Use this guide when finding a Christmas dress and you can’t go wrong. You’ll look festive and flirty in all of the right proportions. Have fun!